Wednesday 9 May 2012

Dark Shadows Premiere in Zurich.

Hello My Lovelies,


in german we say "Ein blindes Huhn findet auch mal ein korn" which translates to "A blind hen also finds a corn sometimes" or something like that. Meaning that woohooo even a person like me is lucky from time to time. So, I take part in loads of contests but only now I finally won something. One day Franzi came to me running and said that I got a letter from this german telly channel and well I won 2 tickets to the premiere :) 




Yesterday was the day of the premiere, Franzi was driving, technically from our school to Zurich it's 45 minutes... if you don't get lost ehm.. thank god we left with quite some time in advance. Anyway we found to the cinema and it was beautiful such a nice place, outside were poles from the tv channel and inside a red carpet and a little scenario with a casket and mud and all sorts of thingys and also a big red throne where you could take photos. 
Who'd have known they'd have something like this.. my dress was more than clashing xD



After walking on the red carpet there was a little cocktail and some finger food waiting for us, sadly the actors weren't there but it was nice anyway. 
The cocktail looked like bubbling blood, it was whiskey + cranberry juice + dry ice. Don't get fooled by people telling you that dry ice doesn't change the taste of a drink. Here at school during several events I had cocktails with dry ice and there is ALWAYS a particular taste, it's far from being overwhelming or disgusting but it's there and if you know it, you can taste it. Aside from that the drink was pretty neat.


Before the movie started we were all handed some free popcorn in a little bucket. I got Victoria Winters and Franzi got Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter) but in the end we switched haha so now I own Helena, my love.


This awaited us inside the theatre.


Now.. about the movie !!!

First of all it was GREAT ! I'm going to be very personal here and not talk about the story and spoil anything so it's just a few thoughts I had about it.

Being produced by Tim Burton made it have that typical style that is known among his movies, the special colours and yikes actors haha.
Personally I thought it was going to be a lot funnier, but sadly it wasn't. Really unexpected was that the movie is mainly set in the 70s, which gave it an amazing soundtrack that I absolutely want to have. Amazing was also the appearance of Alice Cooper, performing ! 
The story itself was sometimes quite confusing but it could also depend on the fact that the movie was shown in english with german AND french subtitles, this was incredibly annoying but then in a country which speaks 3 languages it's a quite normal thing... you should see the medical information leaflets here..almost the size of a newspaper.
Anyway I don't really have much to say about it, besides that I absolutely want to see it again, without subtitles haha. It's a must see. Forget Edward Cullen, Johnny Depp is the new vampire... and... little spoiler... forget Jacob Black too... there's a new Werewolf in town ;) 

This was it, premiere over, movie over. Go watch it and make your own opinion about it.

Love  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

© Mademoiselle Cendrillon, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena